Okay, back on task. I am thankful for my wonderful life. I am extremely grateful for my family. And what a blessing my family and friends are to me.
So here's my question. Why do I still feel (and sometimes act) like a younger version of myself? When will my age hit me? Does anyone else feel younger than the actual number age they are? I know I'm not alone here, folks.
Princess Lucindarella and the brave knight Tine
Me and my precious gifts.
My fantastic husband and our youngest Thanksgiving morning.
At Chuck-E-Cheese to celebrate my nephews 6th b-day.
What a wonderful life!
My Mom had a plaque on the wall when I was a kid. It comes to my mind when I'm feeling guilty for sitting on the floor with my kids instead of cleaning, doing the dishes or laundry. Take time with your children. They are your job for this short time. Raise them in the grace and admonition of the Lord, pray for them and leave the dishes till later. :)
Babies Don’t Keep
by Ruth Hulbert Hamilton
by Ruth Hulbert Hamilton
Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Lullabye, rockaby, lullabye loo.
The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo,
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo,
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Lullabye, rockaby, lullabye loo.
The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo,
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo,
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs;
Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs;
Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

Remember playing the game of Life and getting past all the exciting things like college, marriage and babies? It gets pretty boring after that. I always used to feel down when I only had 1 or 2 kids in my car and knew the time for more was over. I feel like I've gotten there already in my life--however strange that may sound.
ReplyDeleteI love that poem too
Now you just have to wait for YOUR kids to go through college, marriage and babies!! :) I am looking forward to Jake's retirement so we can travel a bit.
ReplyDeletePs You could always have another baby! :)