Thursday, June 9, 2011

Precious Time

How do you spend your spare time? Titus hasn't been napping well lately. So when he sleeps at all (usually for an hour, sometimes less) its is precious time. I try to rush around to get everything that's on my endless list done. It is an impossible task. I end up getting some of the tasks done and feeling like I failed the rest. And since I'm pregnant I'm super tired so all I really want to do is take a nap myself. He pops out of his room (not very) well rested and I'm back to chasing him around the house cleaning up everything that crosses his path. My mom calls him "Titus the tornado". Not sure if I like that nickname but he's got it now.

Recently I had a melt down. I spoke to a great friend of mine and she suggested writing a list of everything that was bothering me or stressing me out at the time. Then pray about each and every one. Take the time to talk to God. So I did. And I really did feel better about everything that's going on in my life. I'm still anxiously waiting the Lord to finalize the sale of our house and praying that we will be able to buy a house very soon after but for right now, I've given it to the Lord.

My friend also suggested finding a good book to read. I enjoy reading if it's the right kind of book. The kind that keeps me invested. Once Jake got home that night I discussed it all with him. After explaining my whole list of stresses and ending our time together by blubbering on his shoulder he took me out to get a book (and ice cream, he's a wonderful man who loves me so much!). We needed some private time together anyway. After driving to 3 stores we ended up at Barnes and Nobles. We bought The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis. I don't know why I never read the series as a young adult. I know we had the books in the house (we had every book it seemed). But this is the first time that I have truly sat down to read through the whole series. Of course my husband is a purist and hates that they renumbered the books. I think I've read 4 of the books over the past few years so the renumbering has never bothered me. But to please him I am reading them in Lewis' original order. Well, I'm not sure the book thing was such a good idea. I'm the type that once I start reading and I'm involved, I can't pull myself away. I can't I mean, I can not stop reading in the middle of a chapter. I feel like the world in the book would be holding its breath waiting for my return. But thankfully this series has pretty short chapters so I can read a few and stop at the end of one. Unless there's a great cliff hanger. Why do you do for "me time"?

Well, the kids have been up for hours. I should get something done today. I have so much to do, like always. My goal today, home school Lucinda and laundry. I think I can, I think I can. Ugh, I loathe laundry....

No comments:

Post a Comment