Thursday, February 10, 2011

PLEASE SLEEP......

Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29




Titus building with blocks

Valentine making good use of a box.

My sons have been having trouble sleeping. They sleep through the night but they're waking up at 5 or 6 am! I can't take too much more of this. Do you have any ideas of how I can get them to sleep till later in the morning?

This morning my boys were up at 5 am. Titus was super cranky (to be expected) so I put him down for a nap, an hour later he's up again screaming. I think he may be teething. He also has a mad diaper rash.

On that note: Titus has been suffering from a really bad diaper rash for months now (on and off). We switched him over to cloth diapers thinking he was allergic to disposable. And he still may be, but it doesn't make sense why he has a rash now. The only way we were able to get rid of Valentine's rash was to potty train him. Titus is only 16 months old so its a bit early for that. I'm running out of ideas. Do you have any?


2 comments:

  1. My boys are early risers too. What time do your guys go to bed? Maybe they need to go down earlier so they getting enough sleep and not so cranky when they wake up early? Do you have shades on their windows to keep the sun out in the morning? Might want to limit drinks an hour before they go to bed so the need to potty isn't waking them up too early.

    RE: diaper rash...Is he eating/drinking highly acidic things like oranges, orange juice, tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bed- their bed time is 7pm. I don't think I can put them down much earlier (although I would love to!). Yes I have both windows covered with comforters. The last few mornings they got up before the sunrise! Limiting drinks I haven't tried. I'll start that asap.

    rash- I don't think he's been having too much thats acidic. He had 3 clementine slices the other day. But on a day to day basis I don't think I give him much like that...

    Thanks for your input!! :)

    ReplyDelete