Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waiting for inspiration

Has it seriously been 5 months since my last post?! I may have been waiting for inspiration. I may have been a little busy .....just having a baby. December 1st, 2011 at 7:21 am we welcomed Naomi Grace into our family. She was 6lbs 13oz 19.5 inches long. She has long fingers, great for piano playing, lungs of a tuba player and beautiful red hair. She has been such a blessing!


This is Naomi, March 5th at Valentine's 5th birthday party.




Our house is under contract but since it's a short sale it's taking a long time. We are praying that it finalizes soon. We would love to be in our own house by the time school starts next year. All things are possible when you trust in the Lord.

Don't get me wrong the past year spent in my parents house has been such a blessing. I am so thankful that they have let us stay with them for the past year. I had so many complications at the end of my pregnancy that if I didn't have the family's help I don't even know what we would have done. But we still long to have our own home again. I can barely remember what its like to have my own kitchen and house to take care of. I'm pretty sure Titus doesn't remember our house in VA. Pray with us that we can be blessed with our own home again soon, very soon.

I've been reading a book our pastor wrote called "The Prayers of Jehoshaphat: Seeing beyond life's storms" (By Stanley Gale). It has really helped me look past life's bumps and storms and see God's grace and love through it and above all learn to put my trust in Him.

Oh another note, I've signed up for my first race. I'll be running the Sandy Sprint 5k in Philadelphia on April 28th. I'm really excited for it but nervous too. I don't want to let anyone down, especially myself. Since I started training I found that I have "runners knee". Apparently when I run I swing my one leg out. It's a strength thing. I need to strengthen my hip flexors. I'm working on it. I plan to run outside for the first time today. I've been running on my parents treadmill and it has been wonderful! I put the kids in front of the tv or down for rest time, put the baby in her swing and I can run. But it's getting boring. I hope running outside will reignite my fire for running.

Our pc had some virus issues (trojans or something). No matter how many programs we ran to clean it as soon as we restarted they came back. So we got a mac. I love it! We were able to fix the pc so now Jake has a laptop he can play his games on. It is fantastic. The kids and I have really enjoyed all the fun things to do on the mac like photobooth. We all get a kick out of the funny faces we can make with the program.










Well, I better get back to my children. It's time for Naomi to eat. I have the best job in the world!



4 comments:

  1. Great to see you back here! Your Naomi is adorable as are all your children! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I figure most people have seen all my updates on facebook but it's nice to keep a journal for myself. :) We should get our kids together some time. Although your girls are getting so grown up they wouldn't be interested in a play date. But I think the boys would have a good time together. :) Have a wonderful day Susan!! :)

      Delete
  2. So glad I checked your blog today! I love reading your posts. I'll be praying for the short sale as well as your 5K next month! I don't have ANY experience with running, but I do understand the desire to want to have your own house. Living in a double for the past five years makes me look forward to having a single-family someday. Someday. But until then, I'm also trusting God for His best and have been finding joy in His ultimate plan! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thanks Min! We are praying that the Lord would move the process along. It's so hard to wait. You know a thing or two about waiting :) I know the plan He has set for us will be awesome, it's just waiting for it to happen that making me crazy! :)

      I'm excited about the 5K and really nervous!! The treadmill broke last week so I haven't been able to run in the house. And it's really hard to get out with 4 kids to run at the park. I think I'll start going out when Jake gets in from work and run a little so I don't get completely out of shape. :p

      Love you back!! Can't wait to see pics of your new little girl!! <3

      Delete