A few days ago my fantastic husband surprised me with new counters and flooring for the kitchen! I am thrilled! I have been waiting for new floor and counter tops since our first house more than 7 years ago. This is so exciting for me. Well, yesterday Jake and I started working on the kitchen floor. Once we got rolling we pulled all the old floor up pretty quickly. While I was working on the floor I started to get a slight allergic reaction to the glue (my arm was really itchy and a little swollen) so I took a break for a little while. Jake did a fantastic job on the floor! We decided that since we would have a lot of tiles left over from the kitchen floor we would tackle the bathroom floor too. I started pulling up the floor and started having an even more severe reaction. My lips started to swell and my throat started closing (I couldn't swallow my own spit!). So needless to say the bathroom floor didn't get finished last night. But Jake finished the kitchen floor (because he's wonderful). We all love it! It looks so much nicer than the old (40+ year old nicotine yellow floor). Now for the counters! :)
Old floor
Some spots were being held down with tape.
He's a goof.
Pulling up the floor.
Me and my love working on the floor.
Floors up!
Now for the primer...
She was bummed she couldn't come in the kitchen with us. (grump)
Laying down the tiles!
It's done!
Now we just need to bring the stove back into the kitchen so I can cook again! :)
Thank you Jake!! xoxoxo :)
Wow, that looks beautiful! What a transformation!! Great team work :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was a lot of work (more for Jake than me) but totally worth all the sweat. I hope it looks nice for a while. :)
ReplyDelete